Holiday Gift Guide
I have a love hate relationship with the holiday's. I love the snow (for the most part), getting together with my family and friends, drinking wine by the fire place, sharing funny stories and spoiling my loved ones with special gifts. What I hate about the holiday's is all the running around you have to do. Picking up gifts, and getting to all the places you need to be at.
I come from a family of divorced parents, so Christmas's have always been spent slip between my parents. Not only that, I come from a big Latin American family, so there is always one day where we are all together. Adding that all up, that' already 3 Christmas dinners, then add significant others and now I'm looking at 4 dinners! I know others may have it worse with 5 of 6 different holiday dinners to go, and guys, I feel your pain.
Although, this year will be different, I won't be home in Calgary for the holiday's. I'll be spending the Christmas and the New Year on the lake in Carlton Place, Ontario. If you've been following along, you'll know it's our home away from home. I am also looking forward to a quite Christmas, without all that running around. Sorry mom and dad!
This year I wanted to put together a small gift guide of some of my fave Canadian local products. Stuff I would recommend to my friends and family as gifts and things I have enjoyed using over the last year. Hopefully this gift guide helps cross some people off your list!
For The Women
- Jewelry by Amanda: Amanda's handmade jewelry are pieces that I wear daily, something that I am able to dress up and dress down. With a variety of styles and choices, you won't go wrong spoiling the ladies in your life with her pieces. [ Save 15% off with discount code: BADPCE15 ]
- Armadillo Leather Handbags: Another beautiful handmade product. Designed in Edmonton and made in Colombia. These handmade leather handbags are luxurious, beautiful, and customizable! [ Save 10% off with discount code: Andrea10 ]
- 27 Boutique: This Calgary based boutique is my favourite! Even while I'm living in Toronto, I still shop at this boutique and never miss their new releases via their instal-stories. Have a fashion obsessed girl in life? This is where you need to go for her. Gift cards are always a good idea.
- Sunna Tan: The most natural way to get that summer glow. Help your girl out, no more spray tans, or tanning beds, give her the gift of natural tans. She'll love you for it, I promise.
- Pink Martini: I've been obsessed with the Pink Martini brand for years, they have an exclusive line that is made in Canada, perfect for the local fashion lover in your life.
- Local Laundry: Local Laundry is the ultimate local feel good brand. They give 10% of their profits back to local charities, and have some of the coolest designs on their cozy gear. [ Save 15% off with discount code: BADPCE15 ]
- Fortunista: It's all about the little things... These bar necklaces are hand over hand stamped by children with disabilities, while the brand donates a part it's proceeds to the organizations the children are with. They are beautiful, elegant, and each piece is simply unique.
- Bark: Home made doggy treats, fur baby accessories and everything else in between. Because, we all know one. *wink, wink*
For The Men
- Lavami: Products from shaving and beard care to deodorants, and beer sentenced soaps. They have all the bases covered.
- Local Laundry: You know what I love about LL, is that their products works for everyone. [ Save 15% off with code BADPCE15 ]
- XX Balms: It's really hard to find a lip balm that really works, and one that you like the taste of. XX balm are all natural, moisturizing lip balms, and Andy's favourite. [ Save 15% off with BADPCE15 ]
- Coutukitsch: Normally, this brand is designing b-e-a-utiful pieces of jewerly for women, buuut they recently launched their men's line, and I love! They are worth checking out if you want something more minimal and vintage.
- Peace Collective: This Toronto based brand has transformed from crew neck sweaters and tees to some seriously cozy Toronto inspired home decor. Peace Collective has you covered for stocking stuffers or just some super cool gear.
- Glerups: Shoes, slippers, or boots? Glerups felted sheep wool shoes are the go-too for that person who you just don't know what to get. Seriously, you need to check these out, I've already put in my order for some cozy slippers.
- YOR Leather: Calgary based, YOR Leather offers a variety of leather designs made for everyday life, from work, to play. They focus on the little things, no zippers, no plastic parts, just simple and durable.
- Playfield: Andy and I been wearing Playfield since we first met. We love the simplicity of the bracelets and that they give back to the community. Playfield is the perfect little something.
**Disclaimer: None of these products are sponsored, they are all brands that I love an believe in. These brands are also all Canadian locally made - a big thank you to these brands for marking support local so easy and fun.**