Mussels over Linguine with Garlic butter sauce
If you have been following along on my Facebook or Instagram, you might have seen my big news, if not, well, I moved to Vancouver! I cannot express enough of how excited I am about this. It has always been a dream of mine. With this move, I will have fresh seafood at my disposal, so be ready for A LOT of seafood recipes coming to the blog. ;) Just before my move I had a hankering for mussels, and like always, if I don't fulfill my craving I go crazy thinking about it until I finally get it.
Putting this dish together was a little random, I really didn't know what I wanted to do, all I knew is that I wanted mussels. So I went on a hunt through my kitchen and BOOM! The dish came out light, with great flavor, and super easy to make. Hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Serves: 4
What you'll need:
- 2 Pounds Mussels, Rinsed
- 1 Pound Whole Wheat Linguine
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Finally Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Rinse the mussels, and remove any that are closed (they are bad, do not force open).
- Brig the pasta to a boil and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is boiling, add all ingredients expect for the cream and Parmesan cheese to a covered sauce pan. Simmer mussels in white wine sauce on medium-high heat until they are fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Stir sauce and mussels well.
- When the pasta is done, strain and stir into the mussels and white wine sauce. Now add cream and Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta can soak up the sauce.
- Serve immediately topped with a pinch of fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and 6-7 mussels.